- 1/2 to 3/4cups chopped dates
- 1/2 to 3/4cups apple brandy (or Calvados)
- 2cups unbleached, all purpose flour
- 2cups white sugar
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 4cups slightly tart apples: peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2cup melted sweet butter
- 2eggs, lightly beaten
2. Buy excessively, ‘tis the season.
3. Bake apple desserts daily, or until your kids claim that they no longer like dessert.
5. Pat yourself on the back for realizing that this cake would make terrific muffins.34 comments